Could Caring Strategies benefit you and your aging parent(s)?
Some of these statements may sound familiar to you:
- I spend a lot of time thinking about the problems that my parent is having, but don’t know what to do. Whatever I try doesn’t seem to help.
- I’m stressed, tired, depressed, anxious, overwhelmed, or losing sleep because of my parent’s situation.
- My aging parent’s problems are affecting my family relationships.
- My aging parent’s problems are affecting my work performance.
- Because of the time I am spending caring for my agingparent(s), I just can’t keep up with what I need and want to do.
- I know my aging parent needs more outside help, but I don’t know if the financial resources are available for that.
- Extra help for my aging parent(s) would be good–but I don’t think they will accept it.
- Extra help for my aging parent would be good–but I don’t know what kind of help they need, or how much, or who to call.
- I don’t know if my aging parent(s) can still manage at home alone.
- My aging parent has dementia, and I don’t know how to handle it.
- My sibilings and I are at odds about how to best care for our parent(s).
- I’d help my aging parent(s)–if they’d let me. They refuse my help and ideas.
- My aging parent(s) live in North Alabama, I’m in another state, nobody’s moving, and there is no one to look out for them.
- My aging parent(s) is injured (or sick); we have to make some changes fast and I need help.
- We’re in a crisis and I need some expert advice NOW.
- I need objective, third-party guidance about my aging parent(s) situation.
- I know there are some legal and financial matters to be taken care of, but I’m not sure where to start.
- My aging parent(s) seems confused and forgetful; could it be Alzheimer’s?
- I know we should be planning ahead, but I don’t know how to start the conversation with my parent(s).
- My aging parent(s) seem independent and private, but not doing well. Now what?
- I know I need more support myself, but I don’t know where to get it. I’m not taking very good care of myself lately.
- We’re about to spend thousands of dollars a month on my aging parent(s) care, and I’m not sure it’s the right decision.
- My aging parent(s) doctor just diagnosed dementia…probably Alzheimer’s. Now what? What can we expect?
If any of these sound like you, please contact us at 256-489-7573.
If any of these statements ring true, Caring Strategies can help. Find out by making a no-stress, no-pressure call to us. Helping you is what we do.